firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn
Princeton University · 6/2018
B.A. in Art History. Minor in European Cultural Studies. Cum Laude. Departmental GPA: 3.9
Irma S. Seitz Thesis Prize in the Field of Modern Art & Asher Hinds Thesis Prize in European Cultural Studies
Courtauld Institute of Art (London, UK) · Fall 2016 · Study Abroad
The Baltimore Museum of Art · Curatorial Assistant of American Paintings & Sculpture and Decorative Arts · 12/2018-present
· Conducting archival research to strengthen scholarship on works in the collection, with a specific focus on discovering and amplifying histories of women and people of color.
· Re-writing object labels to provide a more inclusive narrative of American history.
· Assisting in research, authorship, and presentation of numerous acquisition proposals of American paintings & sculpture, works on paper, decorative arts, and textiles.
· Proposed and acquired Jade Snow Wong’s Bowl, 1968 for the museum.
· Facilitated research on the deaccession of Chinese Export porcelain.
· Developed materials for a successful Terra Foundation grant application to the Re-envisioning Permanent Collections program that resulted in a $75,000 grant.
· Curated American Flag: Understanding the Icon (January 2021 – June 2021, cancelled due to COVID-19) and currently curating Beatrice Glow (May 2022 – September 2022).
· Supported the curatorial development, research, and execution of Oletha DeVane: Traces of the Spirit (June 2019 – October 2019); By Their Creative Force: Women in American Modernism (November 2019 – July 2020); Free Form: 20th Century Studio Craft (December 2019 – June 2020); and Katharina Grosse: Is It You? (March 2020 – September 2021). Currently supporting the development and research for Guarding the Art (March 2022 – July 2022); Sanford Biggers (November 2022 – April 2023); reinstallation of the American Modernism galleries (April 2022); and a future reinstallation of the historic American galleries supported by a Terra Grant.
· Corresponding with donors, artists, and museums.
· Supervising interns and work-study students.
· Coordinating department budget.
Smithsonian American Art Museum · Katzenberger Contemporary Interpretation Intern · 6/2018-8/2018
· Edited and drafted interpretive elements for Artists Respond: American Art and the Vietnam War
· Compiled literature reviews on digital technology and museum collection re-installations
· Researched audio tours at other museums to help shape SAAM’s new initiative for public engagement
Princeton University Undergraduate Journal of Art: Kunstkammer · Co-Founder · 10/2017-06/2018
· Published a 164-page issue showcasing undergraduate visual and art historical work across the country
· Managed a team of 11 undergraduate and graduate peer reviewers
New York Artists Equity Association · Gallery Intern · 06/2016-05/2017
· Wrote grant proposals, conducted interviews, researched and programmed opportunities for artists
· Assisted Executive Director in judging open call submissions and installing 4 shows
Princeton Art and Archaeology Department · Art Image Assistant · 09/2015-06/2018
· Edited and managed valuable historical photographs from a significant archaeological site in Syria
ARTS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Learning Enrichment in the Arts Program · Co-Leader & Artistic Director · 09/2015-06/2018
· Developed art/art history lessons and structured museum visits for Trenton students aged 5-10
Princeton University Art Museum · President & Marketing VP of Student Advisory Board · 12/2014-06/2018
· Executed events and campaigns for student outreach; breakthrough attendance rates of 600 participants
· Managed the board’s vision and 24 members
Children’s Museum of Art · Teaching Artist Assistant and Gallery Intern · 6/2013- 8/2015
· Coordinated events for Youth Artist Kollective (YAK), a free art program for inner city tweens
· Spearheaded interactive art/art history lessons for kids aged 6-15
Princeton University Art Museum Tour Guide · 12/2015-06/2018
NON-ARTS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Managed by Q · Employee Experience Intern · 06/2017-08/2017
· Built and designed a user-friendly company intranet
· Designed office employee service days to drive team bonding and connection with local community
Princeton Hidden Minority Council · Social/ Events Committee · 1/2017-06/2018
· Generated programming to give resources and equity to First-Generation/Low Income students
Technical: TMS, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Squarespace, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Social media
Languages: Native fluency in Korean. Intermediate proficiency in Spanish and French