email@example.com | LinkedIn
Princeton University · 6/2018
B.A. in Art History. Minor in European Cultural Studies. Cum Laude. Departmental GPA: 3.9
Irma S. Seitz Thesis Prize in the Field of Modern Art & Asher Hinds Thesis Prize in European Cultural Studies
Courtauld Institute of Art (London, UK) · Fall 2016 · Study Abroad
The Baltimore Museum of Art · Curatorial Assistant of American Paintings & Sculpture and Decorative Arts · 12/2018-present
· Conducting archival research to strengthen scholarship on works in the collection, with a specific focus on discovering and amplifying histories of women and people of color.
· Re-writing object labels to provide a more inclusive narrative of American history.
· Assisting in research, authorship, and presentation of numerous acquisition proposals of American paintings & sculpture, works on paper, decorative arts, and textiles.
· Proposed and acquired Jade Snow Wong’s Bowl, 1968 for the museum.
· Facilitated research on the deaccession of Chinese Export porcelain.
· Developed materials for a successful Terra Foundation grant application to the Re-envisioning Permanent Collections program that resulted in a $75,000 grant.
· Curated American Flag: Understanding the Icon (January 2021 – June 2021, cancelled due to COVID-19) and currently curating Beatrice Glow (May 15, 2022 – October 2, 2022).
· Supported the curatorial development, research, and execution of Oletha DeVane: Traces of the Spirit (June 2019 – October 2019); By Their Creative Force: Women in American Modernism (November 2019 – July 2020); Free Form: 20th Century Studio Craft (December 2019 – June 2020); Katharina Grosse: Is It You? (March 2020 – September 2021); and Guarding the Art (March 2022 – July 2022). Currently supporting the development and research for Sanford Biggers (November 2022 – April 2023); reinstallation of the American Modernism galleries (July 2022); and a future reinstallation of the historic American galleries supported by a Terra Grant.
· Corresponding with donors, artists, and museums.
· Supervising interns and work-study students.
· Coordinating department budget.
Smithsonian American Art Museum · Katzenberger Contemporary Interpretation Intern · 6/2018-8/2018
· Edited and drafted interpretive elements for Artists Respond: American Art and the Vietnam War
· Compiled literature reviews on digital technology and museum collection re-installations
· Researched audio tours at other museums to help shape SAAM’s new initiative for public engagement
Princeton University Undergraduate Journal of Art: Kunstkammer · Co-Founder · 10/2017-06/2018
· Published a 164-page issue showcasing undergraduate visual and art historical work across the country
· Managed a team of 11 undergraduate and graduate peer reviewers
New York Artists Equity Association · Gallery Intern · 06/2016-05/2017
· Wrote grant proposals, conducted interviews, researched and programmed opportunities for artists
· Assisted Executive Director in judging open call submissions and installing 4 shows
Princeton Art and Archaeology Department · Art Image Assistant · 09/2015-06/2018
· Edited and managed valuable historical photographs from a significant archaeological site in Syria
ARTS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Learning Enrichment in the Arts Program · Co-Leader & Artistic Director · 09/2015-06/2018
· Developed art/art history lessons and structured museum visits for Trenton students aged 5-10
Princeton University Art Museum · President & Marketing VP of Student Advisory Board · 12/2014-06/2018
· Executed events and campaigns for student outreach; breakthrough attendance rates of 600 participants
· Managed the board’s vision and 24 members
Children’s Museum of Art · Teaching Artist Assistant and Gallery Intern · 6/2013- 8/2015
· Coordinated events for Youth Artist Kollective (YAK), a free art program for inner city tweens
· Spearheaded interactive art/art history lessons for kids aged 6-15
Princeton University Art Museum Tour Guide · 12/2015-06/2018
NON-ARTS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Managed by Q · Employee Experience Intern · 06/2017-08/2017
· Built and designed a user-friendly company intranet
· Designed office employee service days to drive team bonding and connection with local community
Princeton Hidden Minority Council · Social/ Events Committee · 1/2017-06/2018
· Generated programming to give resources and equity to First-Generation/Low Income students
AWARDS, FELLOWSHIPS, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
AAMC Foundation Conference Fellowship for American Art Curators · Recipient · April 2021
Irma S. Seitz Thesis Prize in the Field of Modern Art · Recipient · June 2018
Asher Hinds Thesis Prize in European Cultural Studies · Recipient · June 2018
Class of 1954 Senior Thesis Endowment Fund · Recipient · November 2017
Art and Archaeology Senior Thesis Travel Fund · Recipient · November 2017
Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) Scholarship · Recipient · August 2016 Opportunity to Earn Future Education (OTEFE) Scholarship · Recipient · July 2016 Kimbo Foundation Scholarship · Recipient · August 2014
Chun Family Foundation Scholarship · Recipient · July 2014
Woori America Bank Scholarship · Recipient · May 2014
Louis Talcott Stone ‘33 Guild Bowl · Recipient · May 2014
PRESENTATIONS AND GALLERY TALKS
“Karl L.H. Müller’s ‘Walrus’ Beer Pitcher: The Escalation of Anti-Chinese Visual Culture in the Establishment of American Identity,” presentation, The Baltimore Workshop in Art and Art History series at the Baltimore Museum of Art, Fall 2020, cancelled due to COVID-19.
“Recent Acquisition: John Wesley Baltimore Album Quilt,” presentation, Friends of the American Wing, Baltimore Museum of Art, August 8, 2020.
“Making History Visible: A Spotlight Tour and Discussion for Students,” co-led gallery talk, Princeton University Art Museum, November 30, 2017, in concert with the exhibition Making History Visible: Of American Myths and National Heroes.
“Edgar Degas, Two Dancers on a Stage,” gallery talk, The Courtauld Gallery, November 21, 2016.
“Highlights Tour,” gallery talk, Princeton University Art Museum, regularly scheduled throughout 2015-2018.
Technical: TMS, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Squarespace, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Social media.
Art Handling: Paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, textiles, works on paper.
Languages: Native fluency in Korean. Intermediate proficiency in Spanish and French